Saturday, March 14, 2009

5x7 Altered discontinued Formica Sample



I love this Sentiment:
Success is not final,
Failure is not fatal..
It is the courage to continue that counts.
by Winston Churchill
This is another altered formica sample with discontinued scrapbook paper. I stamped French Script on it and some Priceless Swirls, added some crystals and some wire with beads attached under the sentiment.
The lower 'banner' says:
The Secret to having it all,
is believing
you already do.
I don't know who to give credit for this one but I used the Red Line tape on each end, rolled it with my figer to push it out a little, and attaced it with the raised portion in the middle giving it awesome dimension.
The chocolate satin ribbon has but one loop and I pushed one of my altered straight pins into the knot on the bow.
to alter the pin, heat the plastic ball head of a quilters pin, dip it in embossing powder (in this case I used copper), re-heat, re-dip (3 times) the third time it will be almost liquid. Immediately hold vertical between your thumb and finger and roll it while it cools so it becomes a tear drop. Add more beads and a drop of Crystal Effects to keep them from sliding off and attach to your project.

No comments: