Saturday, March 14, 2009

5x7 Altered discontinued Formica Sample



A Soldiers Mom had this prayer up on her bulletin board. I borrowed it, copied it and have made several of these Altered Formica Samples using this prayer.

I punched 1 inch circles to go behind the buttons and layered them on the side with gold cord knotted through the holes.

I used the certainly celery ribbon and hung a little charm that looks like a very mini soldiers dog tag and 3 charms: "U S A" hanging by gold cord from the ribbon.

The Prayer is layered on Certainly Celery then Rose Red then onto the formica sample with dimensionals between each layer.

A Soldier's Prayer
Oh God, please send me guidance,
Strength and courage from above,
As I stand ready to defend
The Country that I love.
Help my loved ones left behind
And give them courage too,
To support me and to understand
the work that I must do.
Watch over me and all my buddies
on native soil or foreign lands,
for do matter where we're stationed,
we are always in your hands.
Amen
R.K. Cecil 1991

No comments: