Sunday, April 12, 2009

Technique: Masking using God's Beauty


I stamped the butterfly in Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock.
.
.
I stamped the butterfly on a sticky note and cut it out and put it over the stamped butterfly (masked), then stamped the leaves in Old Olive.
.
I used markers directly on the butterfly to color it in using Summer Sun and Really Rust. I think I got the colors backwards. I looked up Monarch's after I made this and the orange/rust was actually closer to the outer edge and the golden was closer to the body. Oh well. Next time.
The leaves were painted using reinkers and an aqua painter.
I mounted the Whisper White on a piece of black that was 1/8" larger giving a 1/16th edge around it.
That was then mounted on Old Olive, Summer Sun and Tangerine Tango.
I really love this set. It's too bad it is a Hostess set and will be gone in July.

No comments: