Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fifth Avenue


I stamped the Fifth Avenue Rose in Versamark and embossed it with White Embossing Powder.
.
.I used the Water Color Wonder Crayons and an aqua painter to paint the rose.
.
.I painted the entire rose with Pretty in Pink then went back in the areas I wanted to be darker using Rose Red.
.
.I added a touch of glitter on some of the petals after it dried, then layered it on Regal Rose, then Rose Red, then Old Olive.
.
. The Mother's Day sentiment is from All Holidays and is stamped in Old Olive on Pink Pirouette Designer Series Paper which was then layered on Old Olive.
.
The Bow is the Vanilla Taffeta ribbon. HOWEVER, I want to tell you a little secret. When you are attaching a bow to a project the SECRET for a perfect bow is to wrap the base ribbon around the card and secure it on the back using redline tape.
.
Step 1... push one end of the ribbon directly from the spool, under the band of ribbon on your project.
Step 2... Without tying a know, make a loop with the ribbon that is on the top side of your band with your right hand.
Step 3... With your left hand wrap the ribbon around the loop and pull it through and carefully pull the loops to form the bow.
Step 4... Cut the left side of the ribbon from the spool. Voila.. no wasted pieces!
.
.. The result will be a bow that is perfectly proportioned and you have no wasted pieces.
.
If you need a visual on this process, email me and I will post one. Otherwise I will assume this was perfectly clear!
.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: